Are you searching for a Perfect job or looking for new opportunity then uppnews.in is best choice for you to search your dream Job.
Job Opening details:-
Position Name :- Commissioning Editor
Company Location :- Delhi, Delhi
Job Category :- Jobs in Delhi
Full Job Description :-
DEPARTMENT : Commissioning
DIVISION : Commissioning
LOCATION : NEW DELHI
TITLE : Commissioning Editor, (SAGE
Response / SAGE Select)
REPORTS TO (JOB TITLE) : AVP Commissioning (Books)
A. OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION/KEY RESULT AREAS
1. To work with the AVP Commissioning (Books) in bringing out retail titles which
comprise business and management and non-fiction books.
2. To liaise with authors and to help them develop manuscripts as per the market
requirements for retail books. To respond to proposals received through
firstname.lastname@example.org or coming into SAGE through any other channel as also to
proactively commission authors to build the list.
3. To follow up for manuscripts and to ensure publishing timelines set for the year by
getting all the paperwork prepared in time according to the existing publishing processes.
4. To maintain high standards in accuracy of projects and keep to schedules as per the Pub
5. To liaise with reviewers/ PEs/ Production manager/Design and marketing/Sales team.
6. To help with author communication for book launches/ book fairs etc.
7. To identify titles that fit the other imprints such as SAGE Spectrum or academic or text
and direct it to the concerned commissioning editor. In case of SAGE Spectrum, to help
author access the platform and get the project going through the platform.
B. PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. To commission new projects and ensure that it translates to good quality books by
ensuring effective author management, content development and schedule management.
2. To obtain reviewer reports as needed; to monitor and arrange payments as required
3. To prepare project proposal presentations and convince the senior management team to
buy into the project.
4. To prepare costings, cast offs and other documents for the books being handled.
5. To prepare contracts for authors, contributors and series editors when required.
6. To monitor submission and publication schedules and the progress of projects and liaise
with other departments and the author as required.
7. To provide editorial documentation for other departments as requested. To include among
other items, forms for production, publicity and marketing and also cover briefs. It may
also include writing blurbs, inputting into a central database and passing other relevant
information for publicity under the supervision of AVP Commissioning.
8. To be finally responsible for coordinating projects in all respects as per the schedule
drawn in consultation with the commissioning department.
C. PERSON SPECIFICATION
1 Enthusiasm for retail publishing with high networking skills to scout for influential
2 Excellent administrative and organisational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
3 Attention to detail whilst being able to meet tight deadlines.
4 Excellent communication skills and the ability to talk to authors, academics, colleagues
and outside agencies. High on initiative and drive.
5 Familiarity with Microsoft Office is essential.
7 To be able to follow instruction, but also possess the ability to work as part of a close-knit
team and be able to use one’s own initiative.
D. JOB REQUIREMENTS/ENTRY CRITERIA
1. PG degree in English / Journalism / MBA professionals or equivalent qualification/work
2. Excellent language skills
3. Ability to work on own initiative.
4. Ability to judge editorial excellence.
5. Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
Disclaimer : uppnews.in is only helping our audience to check various job listing in various companies. We have not providing any job nor taking any registration fees. We have no legal responsibility over the details mentioned on our website. candidates are requested to check company profile before joining.