Looking for a New Job? our website is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Fairbanks North Star Borough & they are Hiring Candidates for Parks Specialist
Company Name : Fairbanks North Star Borough
Company Location : Fairbanks, AK 99701
Job Position : Parks Specialist
Job Category : Jobs in Fairbanks, AK 99701
Job Description :
POSITION TITLE: Parks Specialist
STATUS: Casual: Summer
SALARY: Grade 90 $18.50/hr
UNION STATUS: 99 Non-Represented
REPORTS TO: Park Managers, Park/Facility Supervisors
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
Closes: 06/15/2022 9:00 PM AK
Under close supervision of the Park Maintenance Manager, Chena Lake Manager, Pioneer Park Supervisor or assigned Park Caretaker, performs routine labor involving construction, maintenance, groundskeeping, general repair activities, and related work as required. Incumbent may be required to work at Park Maintenance, Pioneer Park, or Chena Lake Recreation Area.
1. Use hand tools to dig, grade, clear, spread, and tamp soil.
2. Use power tools to mow grass, cut weeds, and clear brush.
3. Plant seeds and bulbs, fertilize, water, prune and remove weeds from garden areas.
4. Perform trash and litter pickup and collection duties.
5. Perform snow removal and traction mitigation on paths, entrances, and other hard surfaces.
6. Load and unload materials, equipment, and supplies.
7. Assist in set-up/take-down tasks for special events.
8. Perform heavy manual work as assigned for extended periods.
9. Operate large mowers and small tractors.
10. Perform routine restroom maintenance and other custodial duties.
11. Identify, remove, repair, and/or eliminate known hazards.
1. Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age at time of employment.
2. Must have and be able to maintain a valid driver’s license. Must meet insurance standards and maintain insurability under the Borough’s insurance program. If personal automobile is used for Borough business, proof of automobile insurance at statutory limits must be provided. (A CURRENT COPY OF DRIVING RECORD WILL BE REQUIRED UPON REQUEST)
3. Previous experience in ground maintenance and gardening preferable.
4. Available to work weekends, holidays, and irregular work shifts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
2. Ability to use basic hand and simple power-driven tools.
3. Knowledge of common construction techniques, tools and materials.
4. Ability to work under adverse weather conditions.
1. This position requires a criminal background investigation.
Ordinary business contact with employees in own division and continuous routine public contact.
See typical duties.
Shop area where conditions are pleasant; varied work sites with disagreeable conditions with undesirable elements or factors on a somewhat continuous basis; up to 3/4 of time is spent standing, or walking; major accident/hazard risk; requires sustained periods of heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.); a full range of body movement to include crouching, stooping, stretching; and the ability to carry equipment up/down stairs.
This position falls under the Borough’s Blood Borne Pathogen (BBP) Exposure Control Program as it is reasonably anticipated that infrequent exposure to blood or other bodily fluids may occur while performing some job duties.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit a completed online application on or before the closing date and time as specified in the Job Posting. On line applications can be located at www.fnsb.gov by clicking the “Find a Job” button.
For additional information please call (907) 459-1202 or the Borough Direct Job Line at (907) 459-1206.
The Borough complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/interview/selection process, contact the Human Resources Office at (907) 459-1202 or the EEO office. The EEO Compliance Officer can be contacted at (907) 459-1309.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: From $18.50 per hour
8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as us