Looking for a New Job? our website is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Maniilaq Association & they are Hiring Candidates for Payroll Specialist
Company Name : Maniilaq Association
Company Location : Kotzebue, AK
Job Position : Payroll Specialist
Job Category : Jobs in Kotzebue, AK
Job Description :
Maniilaq Association is a P.L. 93-638 Native/Indian Preference/EEO Employer
Start Over with Job Search
Title: Payroll Specialist Range: 16
Program: Accounting Status: Non-Exempt
Housing Priority: None Covered: No
Responsible for the Association’s payroll function, including compiling, computing and reconciling payroll and related statutory reports and payments. This person directly reports to the Controller.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, tax withholding, garnishments, contributions to insurance and retirement plans from timesheets and other records.
2. Computes wages and deductions, and posts to payroll records.
3. Reviews timesheets, wage computation and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
4. Prepares and issues paychecks. Issue manual checks as needed.
5. Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes and deductions.
6. Issue and record adjustments to pay- related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
7. Maintains strict confidentiality of all individual payroll matters, such as pay rates, garnishments, bonuses, terminations and the like.
8. Coordinates with Human Resources in payroll related matters.
9. Respond to queries from employees and supervisors regarding payroll.
10. Process payroll tax payments.
11. Responsible for quarterly Payroll tax reporting.
12. Responsible for preparation of W2’s at calendar year end.
13. Work closely with tax agencies on resolution of tax issues.
14. Assist with cross-training other Accountant Technicians to ensure continuity and reliability of payrolls.
15. Maintain thorough documentation of the payroll process and procedures.
16. Assist with one or more of following routine functions: AP Voucher including Check Requisition; Travel or PO Voucher; General Journal Entry; Cash-Receipts.
17. Other related accounting duties as assigned by the Controller or CFO.
18. Exercises limited supervisory duties when specifically delegated by Finance Director or Senior Accountant.
19. Reconciling all payroll accounts.
High school diploma or equivalent certificate. Minimum experience performing all aspects of payroll duties with limited supervision. Knowledge and understanding of payroll principles, methods, systems, policies and procedures as applied to the Association. Knowledge of the payroll aspects of employee benefits policies, procedures and reporting requirements. Ability to make procedural decisions and judgments involving sensitive and confidential issues under stressful conditions. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of employees in a diverse organization. Must obtain Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) within two years.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people in this job, and the employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. To essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as us