Looking for a New Job? our website is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Fairbanks North Star Borough & they are Hiring Candidates for Special Assistant
Company Name : Fairbanks North Star Borough
Company Location : Fairbanks, AK 99701
Job Position : Special Assistant
Job Category : Jobs in Fairbanks, AK 99701
Job Description :
POSITION TITLE: Special Assistant
STATUS: Regular Full Time
SALARY: Level I Appointed
UNION STATUS: 00 Non-Represented
REPORTS TO: Borough Mayor
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
Closes: Open Until Filled
The Special Assistant is an appointed position and serves at the pleasure of the Mayor. The Special Assistant is a driving force that helps implement and execute administrative priorities and projects, in many instances providing overall planning and coordination for complex projects and activities, ensuring tasks and projects successfully meet timelines, objectives, and expectations of the Borough. This position will be responsible for developing media (such as videos and graphics) to help increase awareness and understanding of complex initiatives and policies for both internal and external audiences. May act as the Mayor’s representative at various internal and external meetings or engagements. Some assistance with legislative actions may be required. Work with Borough staff to increase efficiency of community provided services and operations.
1. Responsible for marketing pertinent borough issues to include creation of appropriate advertising. Direct and /or produce the design, content, and/or printing of various media presentations including computer graphics, slide and camera-ready print materials, and visual media.
2. Assist the Mayor in public relations, administration, representation, marketing and decision making.
3. Attend Borough or community meetings at various times of the day/evening.
4. Assist Borough departments with special projects. Analyze Borough methods, systems, procedures, and tasks in order to improve overall operational efficiencies.
5. Coordinate and implement projects/actions that involve multiple agencies both within and outside the borough.
6. Act as project manager for various consulting projects. Develop competitive bid documents and grant applications. Monitor and coordinate the work of consultants, coordinate communication among consultants, management, and staff. Negotiate and manage grants from drafting scope, submitting reports, and project close outs.
7. Responsible for originating and developing ordinances, resolutions, policy statements, implementation plans, etc.
8. Develop and prioritize projects by identifying key tasks and milestones, ensuring completion dates are met, and facilitating public input. Formulate and implement processes to meet key deadlines on a project basis.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Communications, Graphics Design or related field preferred.
2. Demonstrated project management experience and familiarity with financial processes. Ability to manage projects; contract management experience preferred.
4. Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer for a variety of computer programs (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required); Adobe Premiere Pro or video and audio editing software preferred.
5. Must have and be able to maintain a valid driver’s license and to meet insurance standards and maintain insurability under the Borough’s insurance program. If personal automobile is used for Borough business, proof of insurance at statutory limits must be provided. (A CURRENT COPY OF DRIVING RECORD WILL BE REQUIRED UPON REQUEST.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to be creative with production ad copy, print, and media.
2. Knowledge of government relations and jurisdictional authorities.
3. Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Must possess excellent analytical skills. Ability to use independent judgment in applying guidelines to varied situations.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to analyze and problem solve, and bring consensus in group functions. Demonstrated ability to prepare and present accurate and concise oral and written reports.
5. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Borough staff and to deal effectively with the general public, Assembly, outside entities, professional colleagues, and other state and local government agencies to include non-profit and the private sector.
6. Ability to work effectively in a high production environment with numerous complex tasks in various stages of completion.
7. Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours.
1. This position requires a criminal background check.
General public, Federal, State and local agencies, elected and appointed officials, consultants, professional organizations, private and public interest groups, all Borough personnel and the news media.
See basic functions and typical duties.
General office where conditions are pleasant, good and clean. Conditions where accidents/hazards are negligible; requires short periods of light lifting, pushing or pulling (1-26 lbs.).
Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit a completed online application on or before the closing date and time as specified in the Job Posting. Online applications can be located at www.fsnb.gov/jobs.
For additional information please call
(907) 459-1202 or the Borough Direct Job Line at (907) 459-1206.
The Borough complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/interview/selection process, contact the Human Resources Office at
(907) 459-1202 or the EEO office. The EEO Compliance Officer can be contacted at (907) 459-1309.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as us